Wednesday, September 10, 2003
Bite with Belkys: Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Honey Drizzled Figs & Sage Potatoes
It's the other white meat. And tonight, a local chef has a perfect pork recipe that will blow your taste buds. Time to grab A Bite With Belkys.
The Dish: Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Honey Drizzled Figs & Sage Potatoes
The Chef: Kris Wessel
The Restaurant: Elia at the Bal Harbour Shops
9700 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33154
1 10-12 ounce pork tenderloin
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp. orange flower honey
1/2 cup red onions, sliced
6-7 fresh figs cut in half
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1. Marinate Pork in olive oil, garlic, red onions, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and half of the honey. Let stand for ½ an hour chilled.
2. Place Pork on grill and Mark on all sides. Finish in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, adding remainder of marinade on top, cooking just until firm.
3. Brush figs with olive oil, add salt & pepper, and drizzle on a little honey.
4. Grill figs separately, just on cut side.
5. Serve Pork sliced around the figs & potatoes.
Sage Potatoes Ingredients:
10 small Yellow or white creamer potatoes
2 tbsp. whole butter
4 sage leaves minced
2 shallots minced
1 tbsp coarse kosher salt
1 tsp. chopped garlic
Sage Potatoes Directions:
Cut all potatoes in quarters or in half if they vary in size.
Toss all ingredients together and roast in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until a fork goes into them with ease. Serve immediately.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: