Wednesday, September 22, 2004
Bite with Belkys: Linguini and Clam Sauce
Just in time for dinner -- we're cooking up a traditional seafood entree that may seem difficult to make. The basics of this "saucy" dish as we grab A Bite With Belkys.
The Chef: Richard Cami
The Restaurant: Grumpy Dick's
The Dish: Linguini and Clam Sauce
2 dz. Fresh shucked middle neck clams 8 ozs. (Juice) w / 24 Clams
Fresh garlic 2 Cloves
Olive oil .....2 ozs.
Fresh chopped parsley .. 1 Tbl.
Fresh basil .. 2 to 3 leaves
White wine ... 1 to 2 ozs.
Linguini . 8 ozs. (1/2 Lb.)
Marinara sauce (Optional) Homemade or favorite brand 2 ozs
Optional: For seafood linguini you can add the following.
· Fresh Mussels
· Lump Crab Meat
· Fresh Fish
· Shuck clams,separate juice and clams. Strain juice through cheese cloth to remove any dirt or shells. (Frozen clams are easier to shuck)
NOTE: You can replace the fresh clam juice with a store brand clam juice and the fresh clams with canned baby clams.
· In a 10 or 12 inch skillet, sautι the garlic and olive oil over a medium heat for 2 minutes than add the white wine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
· Add the fresh clams and juice than turn off until the pasta is ready to be added.
· Cook linguini according to the instructions, but strain the linguini 3 minutes prior to instruction time.
· Add the linguini to the sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes over high heat. This will allow the clam sauce to infuse with the linguini.
· Important: Have plenty of bread to dunk and wipe the bowl clean.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
801 S. University Drive
Plantation, FL 33324