Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Triple Tail Fish with Light Curry Mango Shrimp Sauce and Sauteed Veggies from Venivici
Combine exotic flavors of the far east with a taste of the tropics. Tonight, we have a sauce you can use on fish, chicken or your favorite meat. Time to Grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Dish: Triple Tail Fish with Light Curry Mango Shrimp Sauce and Sauteed Veggies
The Chef: Oscar Tucci
The Restaurant: Venivici
- 1/4 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1/4 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 mango
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1-2 fish filets (Triple Tail or Catch of the Day)
- 4 shrimp
- flour to coat fish
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz. gin
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. curry
- vegetable or olive oil (enough to coat pans)
Method of Preparation:
1. Chop vegetables, the mango and ginger
2. Coat both sides of fish filets in flour
3. To a hot pan, add vegetable or olive oil, then put the fish in and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then add shrimp, salt, pepper and chicken or fish broth and bring to a boil, and remove from stove.
4. In another hot pan, add vegetable or olive oil, garlic, ginger, mango, gin, heavy cream or half and half, pepper, salt and curry.
5. Into a third pan, add oil, garlic, chopped broccoli, carrots, cabbage, black pepper and salt and cook till veggies are tender.
To Plate the Dish:
Start with veggies, add fish on top, the shrimp, and pour sauce on top. Garnish with chopped parsley and scallion.
Chef Oscar Tucci: "This is Venivici restaurant, this is the fish of the day. Enjoy and bon appetite!"
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
2312 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134