Thursday, March 30, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Snapper Acqua Pazza from Oggi Italian Restaurant
If you're bored of baked, fried, or grilled fish, maybe it's time to add some spice to your seafood. Tonight, we found one South Florida chef with a delicious dish you'll definitely want to add to your recipe box. Time to Grab A Bite With Belkys.
The Dish: Snapper Acqua Pazza
The Chef: Riccardo Tognozzi
The Restaurant: Oggi Italian Restaurant in North Bay Village
- 1 snapper filet (1 lb.)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
Method of Preparation:
- Season the snapper with salt and pepper.
- Dice the veggies and set them to the side.
- Lightly flour the fish.
- Pour vegetable oil into a hot pan and put the fish in.
- Sear the fish for a few minutes on both sides, then pour any excess oil out.
- Add white wine and fish stock.
- Add lemon juice, capers, and vegetables and saute for a few minutes.
- Place the entire fish dish in a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until fish is done.
- To plate the dish, put the fish on the plate, pour a little of the liquid on top and serve with polenta or your favorite pasta.
- Garnish with basil leaf.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
1666 79th Street Causeway, Suite 102
North Bay Village, FL 33141