Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Breakfast Burrito from Balans for "The Art of the Egg" Exhibit
Easter brunch is never easy. But if you're looking for a fast and filling meal, we've got an egg-cellent recipe that's sure to crack a smile. Time to grab A Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Paula Pirichinsky
The Restaurant: Balans
The Dish: Breakfast Burrito
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 - 10 inch Flour Tortillas
- ¼ Cup Chopped Scallions
- 2 Cups Grated Pepperjack Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Sour Cream
- Melt Butter and scramble the eggs in a pan.
- Transfer the scrambled eggs evenly on to the Tortillas and roll up to form a burrito.
- Transfer the burritos onto a baking sheet and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Broil the burritos until the cheese melts.
- Transfer burritos to a plate and add salsa, sour cream and scallions to taste
Salsa Fresca Ingredients:
- 3 Cups Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- Salt, pepper and chilies to taste
Mix all ingredients together, and set to the side. Can make the salsa a day ahead.
Chef Paula Pirichinsky: "This is Balans breakfast burrito in support of the Art Of The Egg at The Art Center! Enjoy it."
Anyone who visits the "Art Of The Egg" exhibit during the month of April will receive a ticket good for a free mimosa at Balans.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
1022 Lincoln Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139