Thursday, July 6, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Spaghetti with Clams from Vita
If spaghetti and meatballs sounds too heavy, we may have found the perfect pasta for those hot, humid nights. It's a summery seafood dish that's light but with lots of flavor. Time to Grab A Bite With Belkys.
The Chef: Luciano Sautto
The Restaurant: Vita
The Dish: Spaghetti with Clams
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sprinkle of parsley
- 2 tbsp white wine
- Pinch of red crushed pepper
- 2 ladles of fish stock or clam juice
- 12 clams or 1 can of clams
- Salt (for use in boiling water)
1. In a hot saute pan, boil the olive oil and garlic until the garlic is golden brown. When the garlic is golden, add the clams, white wine and fish stock. Cover and boil until the clams open up, or about 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti for about 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
3. Remove the clams from the pan and add the pasta to the sauce. Mix throughly so that the pasta absorbs the flavor.
To plate the Dish:
Place pasta in a dish, add the clams around the perimeter. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
1906 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139