Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Papardelle With Coconut Pesto And Blackened Jumbo Shrimp From Caffe Vialetto
Everybody loves ethnic food. Tonight, we're trying a fusion of flavors, combining italian food with a taste of the tropics. Time to Grab A Bite With Belkys.
The Chef: Ernesto Urroz a.k.a. Chef Ragazzo
The Restaurant: Caffe Vialetto
The Dish: Papardelle with Coconut Pesto and Blackened Jumbo Shrimp
- 2 bunches of basil
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of roasted pine nuts
- 8 cloves garlic
- Crushed pepper
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Jumbo shrimps
- Fresh papardelle pasta
- Blackening spices (paprika, dry herbs, oregano, roasted garlic powder, white pepper)
- Crushed pepper
1. In a blender, place all ingredients 1-8 and blend very well. Add more olive oil if too thick. Then add parmesan cheese at the end.
2. Dip the shrimps in flour, then season with salt, pepper, and blackening spices. Add extra virgin olive oil. Sauté in a frying pan for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
3. In a pasta pan, have boiling water. Add salt to the water when it boils. Then add pasta and cook for about five minutes, or until al dente. Then drain.
4. In another pan, add heavy cream, salt, pepper, then the pesto and stir very gently until the sauce has a very thick body.
5. Add pasta to sauce and parmesan cheese, stir very well and serve.
To Plate The Dish:
Start with the pasta, then add the shrimp. Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil.
Serving suggestion: Pinot Grigio
Chef Ragazzo: "This is our signature dish, uh coconut pesto papardelle with blackened shrimps. Bon appetito."
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
4019 Lejeune Road
Coral Gables, Fl 33146