Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Bite with Belkys: «hicken Florentine from Cafe Sole Mio
Every parent knows getting children to eat their veggies isn't easy. But tonight, a chef at one Broward restaurant is introducing us to a dish that's not only good tasting but good for you. Time to Grab a Bite With Belkys.
The Chef: Walter Tilibero
The Restaurant: Cafe Sole Mio
The Dish: «hicken Florentine
- 1 Chicken Breast (7-8oz.)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 crushed Garlic Clove
- 2 tsp. Onions
- 2 tsp. Butter
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Egg Fettucini
- 2 tsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 slices Mozzarrella Cheese
- Chopped Parsley (for garnish)
- 1 Tomato (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup spinach
Method of Preparation:
1. Wash chicken, cut off any fat, butterfly the breast, then pound it with a tenderizer.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Dip chicken in flour.
4. Pour vegetble oil in hot pan, then put chicken in and cook this for about 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
5. Meanwhile, blanch your spinach.
6. Then add olive oil into another pan, and add your garlic, then add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Give this a stir, then after a couple of minutes, remove the oil from the pan, then add butter, chopped onions, heavy cream and chicken stock and stir this altogether.
7. Meanwhile, make your pasta in a pot of boiling salted water.
8. Now, take the spinach, and place it on the chicken, sprinkle that with grated parmesan cheese and the mozzarella slices, and put this into a broiler until the cheese is melted.
-Put egg noodles on the plate first.
-Put chicken on plate and drizzle with cream sauce.
-Garnish with tomato and parsley.
Serving Suggestion: Pinot Grigio
Chef Walter Tilibero: "Ok, this is Cafe Sole Mio Chicken Florentine. Bon Appetito."
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Cafe Sole Mio
7855 Pines Boulevard
Pembroke Pines, FL