Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Spiced & Grilled Chicken Breast served with Seasonal Greens, Avocado & Salsa Tropicale from Cascade Poolside Bar & Grill at the Biltmore Hotel
Labor day weekend is just days away, and if you're planning to cookout, forget the burgers and hotdogs. Grill a great chicken dish with a tropical twist. It's time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Tim Deating
The Restaurant: Cascade Poolside Bar & Grill at the Biltmore Hotel
The Dish: Spiced & Grilled Chicken Breast served with Seasonal Greens, Avocado & Salsa Tropicale
- 4 6oz. Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Chile spice (jerk, bbq or cajun may be substituted)
- 1 Mango -peeled & de-seeded & diced
- ½ cup Fresh pineapple - diced
- ½ Red bell pepper - de-seeded & diced
- ½ Green bell pepper -de-seeded & diced
- ½ Yellow bell pepper - de-seeded & diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper -de-seeded & chopped fine (optional)
- ½ Red onion - peeled & diced fine
- ½ bunch cilantro - chopped fine
- ¼ tsp. Ground cumin
- 1/3 cup Orange juice
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Salad greens
- 2 Avocado - peeled & sliced
- 4 Sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Coat chicken breasts with 1/4 cup of the olive oil & sprinkle with spice
- Mixture. Cook over an open flame grill until well cooked, then set chicken aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together well the mango, pineapple, peppers, onion, cilantro, orange juice, cumin & remaining olive oil. Season to taste w/salt & pepper.
- To plate the dish: Arrange ½ sliced avocado on each plate & top with salad greens. Add 1 grilled chicken breast to each plate & drizzle salsa over chicken & salad.
-Garnish w/ cilantro & serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Margarita
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Cascade Poolside Bar & Grill
The Biltmore Hotel
1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134