Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Chicken Pizza Sandwich from Sun City Cafe
All this month we're showing parents how to turn that everyday brown bag upside down. So "let's do lunch" with a creative twist on an Italian favorite. Time to grab A Bite With Belkys.
The Chef: George Pardillo
The Restaurant: Sun City Cafe
The Dish: Chicken Pizza Sandwich
- Cuban bread (6-inch)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 3 tsp tomato sauce
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Start by washing chicken breast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill for 6-7 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove chicken from grill and dice it.
- Put chicken in small mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, tomato paste and tomato sauce to chicken, mix well.
- Slice cuban bread down the middle.
- Add chicken to both sides of cuban bread.
- Hand tear basil leaves and sprinkle on chicken.
- Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Toast bread until cheese melts or lightly golden brown.
- Put bread together, slice in half and serve.
Serving suggestion: Apple juice
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Sun City Cafe
15400 North Biscayne Boulevard
North Miami, FL 33160