Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Cuban Style Sandwich from Event Catering Company at Blessed Trinity School
Before the panini, there was the Cuban. Now tonight, the chef at one South Florida school is showing us how to turn this traditional treat into a healthy and easy school lunch. Time to Grab A Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Zoe Vergara
The Restaurant: Event Catering Company
The School: Blessed Trinity School
The Dish: Cuban Style Sandwich
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup mustard
- 1/8 cup relish
- 3 oz. sliced sweet honey ham
- 2 oz. sliced roasted pork
- 2 oz. Muenster cheese
- 1 hoagie or French sourdough bread
- Start by mixing the mayonnaise, mustard and relish together in a bowl and set it to the side.
- Slice the bread in half and spread on the relish spread.
- Put the ham, pork and cheese on top.
- Put the sandwich on a hot griddle, press it down and let this cook until the cheese melts.
- Cut the sandwich in half and wrap it up.
- Serve with baby carrots and ranch dressing, chips and fruit.
Serving Suggestion: Milk
Chef Zoe says this sandwich will hold up until lunchtime or you can make it the night before and eat it cold.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Event Catering Company
Blessed Trinity School
4020 Curtiss Parkway
Miami Springs, FL 33166