Wednesday, November 1, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Sweet Potato Turkey Cranberry Roll-Ups with Cinnamon Pumpkin Sour Cream Dip from Big City Tavern
Now that November is here, we can finally talk about Thanksgiving. All this month, we're sharing different recipes to make this the best dinner ever. Tonight, a side dish that's both sweet and sour. Time to Grab A Bite With Belkys.
The Chef: Marlon Reddie
The Restaurant: Big City Tavern on Las Olas
The Dish: Sweet Potato Cranberry Roll-Ups with Sour Cream Dip
Ingredients for Pumpkin Sour Cream Dip:
- 1 cup raw pumpkin chunks
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- salt and pepper
Directions for Cinnamon Pumpkin Sour Cream Dip:
- boil pumpkin chunks until pumpkin is tender.
- put pumpkin chunks into blender
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 3 tablespoons sour cream
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- blend well
- add salt and pepper to taste
- pour into dip bowl
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Turkey Cranberry Roll-Ups:
- sweet potato
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- cranberry (mashed or jellied)
- canned sweet corn
- turkey, sliced
- red onion, chopped
- toasted walnuts or pecans
- blended oil, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions for Sweet Potato Turkey Cranberry Roll-Ups:
- In a large saucepan on medium heat sauté sweet potato slices in blended oil for 2 minutes on each side or until both sides are tender.
- In a separate bowl, put your toasted pecans, walnuts, corn, cranberry, onion, turkey and mix together.
- Add cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice and mix together.
- Lay 3 sweet potato slices so that the edges are touching flat on a plate.
- Scoop salsa mix on top of the sweet potato slices and top with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and cilantro.
- Drizzle cinnamon pumpkin sour cream dip on top.
- Roll up sweet potato shells to form a taco-like side dish.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Big City Tavern
609 E Las Olas Blvd.
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33301