Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Turkey Tortilla Espanola from Neomi's Grill
By now, most of us have started making Thanksgiving dinner. But if you hate eating leftovers for a week, it's easy to give that bland turkey a bold, new taste. Time to Grab A Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Kurtis Jantz
The Restaurant: Neomi's Grill inside Trump International Sonesta Beach Resort
The Dish: Turkey Tortilla Espanola
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup cooked Turkey meat, white and dark meat, medium diced
- 1/4 cup Spanish Onion, small diced
- 1/2 cup Yukon Gold Potatoes, small diced
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 8 eggs, whisked well
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Method of Preparation:
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, heat over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and spread around the whole pan and sides and bottom.
- Add Onion and Potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the eggs and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, stir well and turn heat to low-medium and cook gently, not stirring again until the bottom of the eggs are cooked but not too brown.
- Put pan in 350 degree (F) oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes until eggs are set all the way through.
- Remove from oven and flip over onto a sheet pan. Let cool completely.
- Cut into small squares or triangles and serve with a nice tomato salsa and crème fraiche.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Chardonnay
If you don't have leftovers, don't worry, at Neomi's Grill they'll be serving this plus other Thanksgiving-inspired dishes all weekend.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
18001 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160