Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Bite with Belkys: Pappardelle Al Cacio Bufala with Pesto Sauce from Fratelli la Bufala
Most of us eat pasta a of couple times a week. But if you're bored of the same old sauce, then tonight's recipe will have you salivating for this authentic Italian dish. Time to grab A Bite With Belkys.
THE CHEF: Antonio Biglietto
THE RESTAURANT: Fratelli la Bufala
THE DISH: Pappardelle Al Cacio Bufala with Pesto Sauce
An Italian style primo piatto with all Italian flavors, for the ones that love eating pasta "al dente"
We only use De Cecco pappardelle, 7 minutes cooking time.
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. pesto (Use store bought or see recipe below)
- Cacio cheese, handful
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Start by putting all pesto ingredients into blender and mix together. Then set to the side.
- Then boil your pasta according to label directions.
- In a pan, cook tomato sauce, add the pesto.
- Add a handful of cacio cheese, leave to cook until all melted, stir.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and place in the pan with the sauce.
- Add heavy cream, a handful of parmesan cheese and salt to taste.
To plate the dish:
Sprinkle on the outside some parmesan cheese, tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, place the pasta in the middle, and put more cacio and parmesan chese on top.
Serving Suggestion: Chianti
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Fratelli la Bufala
437 Washington Avenue
South Beach, FL 33139