Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Bite with Belkys: Mojito Chicken Wrap from Off the Grille
You might only know a Mojito as a drink, but it's a Latin marinade that also gives food a lot of flavor. Tonight, the chef at a new local restaurant is using that Latin flavor to create a tasty chicken dish.
The Chef: Roberto Gordo
The Restaurant: Off the Grille
The Dish: Mojito Chicken Wrap
Ingredients for Marinade:
- fresh chicken breast
- lime juice
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch black pepper
- pinch paprika
- Mix all ingredients for marinade together in a bowl and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
- 1 medium yellow squash (julienned)
- 1 medium zucchini (julienned)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- Set all vegetables to the side
Directions for Chicken:
- Remove from fridge.
- Rub on mojito garlic paste (garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro)
- Put chicken on grill for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- In the meantime, in a hot saute pan, add onion, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the onions are cooked add the squash and zucchini with a splash of marinade.
- Add 1/2 chopped tomato, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp white distilled vinegar to the pan.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest.
- Cut chicken into julienne strips and add to the veggies.
- If you like hot sauce, you can add a few drops.
Directions for the Wrap:
- Using a 12-inch flour tortilla add cheese, the chicken and the veggies and roll up.
Serving suggestion: Iced tea.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Off the Grille
12578 SW 88 St.
MIAMI, FL 33186