Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Bite with Belkys: Cajun Chicken with Shrimp Jambalaya
Want to have a hot night with a kick of spice in your dinner? Tonight one chef is going to show us how to cook a famous New Orleans jambalaya. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Greg Timmons
The Dish: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
The Restaurant: Grand Lux Cafe in Aventura Mall
Two chicken breasts
Peeled jumbo shrimp
All purpose flour
Chopped red, yellow and green peppers
Method of Preparation:
- Start by cutting tasso ham into thin slices and if you can't find it, Chef Greg says to use any type of smoked ham.
- Next, do the same to two chicken breasts.
- Then, get a couple of peeled jumbo shrimp.
- Remove the tail cut them in half and season the chicken and the shrimp with all purpose flour and Cajun spice.
- Now, pour chicken broth in a hot sauté pan.
- Once it heats up, stir in Cajun spice, and let it come to a boil.
- In a separate pan add olive oil and the chicken, and let it cook for about two minutes.
- Next, add chopped red, yellow, and green peppers, red onion, salt, black pepper, tasso ham, some minced garlic and toss it all around.
- Then, place the shrimp on the side of the pan.
- After a minute, mix the shrimp in with the chicken, and add the broth mixture.
- Lastly, stir in a scoop of unsalted butter.
To Plate the Dish:
- Start with a cup of white rice and then add the Cajun chicken and shrimp jambalaya on the side.
- You can garnish with chopped parsley and serve it with a glass of your favorite white wine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Grand Lux Cafe
19575 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33180