Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Bite with Belkys: Pollo Scarpierello Siciliano from Kitchenetta
If you cook a lot of chicken, sometimes it's tough to find an original recipe. But tonight, we're giving our poultry pizzazz. Time to have a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Vincent Foti
The Restaurant: Kitchenetta in Fort Lauderdale.
The Dish: Pollo Scarpierello Siciliano.
- 1 whole chicken
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White wine
- Whole garlic cloves
- Pearl onions
- Yukon potatoes
- Black olives
- Cerinogla or red olives
- Green olives
- Pre-browned italian sausage
- Hot red peppers
- Start by trimming and butterflying a whole chicken.
- Then cut the chicken into pieces.
- Cut the chicken in half and remove the breast from the legs.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to both sides and set the chicken to the side.
- Next pour extra virgin olive oil into a skillet.
- Add the chicken.
- Put the bone part down in a pan to protect the chicken from burning.
- Drizzle more olive oil over the chicken
- Add white wine, whole garlic cloves, pearl onions, yukon potatoes, black olives, Cerinogla or red lives, green olives, pre-browned Italian sausage and hot red peppers.
- Place the pan on the stove for a few minutes to sear the meat.
- Next place the entire dish in the oven. Kitchenetta uses a wood-burning oven, but you can use your conventional oven at home.
- Let it cook for 20 minutes, then remove the dish.
To Plate the Dish:
- Start by placing the chicken on a large serving platter.
- Pour the remaining ingredients over the chicken and garnish with olives, hot chili oil, red chili flakes, lemon, hot red peppers and parsley.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
2850 N Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL