Kitchen catches fire in home
MARGATE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida family is safe after a fire broke out in their kitchen.
The blaze broke out just before 8:30 p.m. Monday in a home on Southwest Fifth Street and 63rd Avenue. Investigators said the family was cooking dinner, when a fire broke out in the kitchen.
Margate Fire Rescue arrived within minutes and extinguished the flames.
Due to the damage to the house, the family stayed with relatives for the night.
(Copyright 2012 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)