Bird dies in house fire
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida family is safe after a house fire, though a beloved pet would not make it.
The fire broke out at a trailer home in Pompano Beach Tuesday.
Crews were able to put out the flames and rush inside. No residents were home, but the family pets were in need of rescue.
Two chihuahuas were treated on the scene before being rushed to an animal hospital.
A cockatoo, however, would not survive.
(Copyright 2012 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)