Yacht catches fire at marina
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- Investigators said wiring beneath the floor boards sparked a fire on a 60-foot vessel.
The blaze occurred at about 2 p.m. Saturday at the marina on 17th Street and 23rd Avenue. About 20 firefighters arrived on scene to find the boat docked with smoke billowing from the rear of the vessel.
Crews cut several holes in the boat to access the fire below deck.
The boat suffered smoke damage, but fire crews managed to contain the flames. No one was injured.
(Copyright 2012 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)