Man dies after being electrocuted while trimming tree
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida man has died after he was electrocuted while trimming a tree.
The incident happened along Dewey Street and 28th Avenue, Friday afternoon.
According to police, the man was trimming a tree when he was shocked by power lines running near the branches.
The bolt of electricity killed him at the scene.
Officials shut down power to the area to bring the victim down.
(Copyright 2012 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)