Family escapes house fire
COOPER CITY, Fla. (WSVN) -- Fire ripped through a home and forced a family of eight to make a desperate fire escape.
Flames destroyed the townhouse and damaged another on Southwest 152nd Avenue and 51st Street in Cooper City.
The fire burned through several rooms. A mom and her baby were trapped on the second floor. "I was feeding the baby upstairs," said Jennifer Hansan. "My kids start yelling, 'mom, mom there's fire,' I go outside, the whole hallway, everything was full of smoke, so we jump out the window. I have no idea what to do because I don't have anything. I don't have a house now, a place to stay, any clothes, nothing for my baby, nothing."
One of the kids were treated for smoke inhalation. The family also lost their dog in the fire. The Red Cross is now assisting the family.
(Copyright 2012 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)