Duplex fire displaces local family
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- An apartment fire forced a South Florida family from their home on New Year's Day.
The fire broke out at a duplex along Northwest 44th Street and 24th Avenue in Northwest Miami-Dade. The flames raced through three units, leaving them badly charred.
"When I opened my door it wasn't a barbecue. my neighbor's house was on fire," said resident Acelia Paul. "All I could see was smoke coming out of her window, and her front door was open," she added.
A dog that was pinned between some burning walls was saved from the flames.
The displaced family is currently being assisted by the Red Cross. "We're going to pray that 2013 is a better year for everybody," Paul said.
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)