Woman dead after possible carbon monoxide poisoning
MIAMI (WSVN) -- An elderly woman was found dead inside her apartment complex after carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame.
Police found 77-year-old Wylene Floyd dead inside her apartment complex in the area of 20327 NE 2 Ave., Tuesday afternoon.
Floyd's husband, 67-year-old Bobby was found alive inside. Crews transported him to Jackson North in extremely critical condition.
Neighbors complained of a foul odor of a possible gas leak. Rescue crews had to force their way into the apartment and found the couple.
Investigators have determined the couple had been overcome by carbon monoxide.
Floyd's granddaughter Paulette Campbell is still in disbelief. "It's hard that I lost my grandmother. She was the one holding us up," said Campbell.
Bobby has been transported to another hospital, where doctors continue to monitor him.
"My grandmother liked to cook. That was her thing and Bobby likes to walk," said Campbell.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)