Family escapes house fire, dog dies
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A family is mourning the loss of their pet after a fire engulfed their home.
The flames sparked early Thursday morning at a home near Northwest 134th Street and Fifth Avenue. Officials said the fire may have started in a bedroom.
They made it out safely. However, their dog did not survive.
The Red Cross is now assisting the family in finding a place to stay.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)