Dog safe after house fire
MIAMI (WSVN) -- A dog is lucky to be alive after a fire broke out in a South Florida home.
Firefighters cut through the roof of a house in Northwest Miami-Dade to put out the blaze on Thursday.
The dog, lived up to his name Lucky, ran out when firefighters opened the door.
The owner is glad the situation did not become worse. "I was worried that my family was in the house, but thank God there was nobody in the house, and that's it," said Edgar Vargas. "I just got over here, and then the dogs were safe, and there is nothing I can do now. Just wait and see what happens."
One other dog was in the backyard at the time. He was is OK.
The home sustained minimal smoke damage.
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)