Family displaced after house fire
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- Fire ripped through a home and forced a family to make a desperate fire escape.
The fire broke out while two people were trapped inside along Northwest 13th Street and Fourth Avenue in Fort Lauderdale.
The landlord was alerted to the danger and jumped to the rescue. "I was washing my truck outside ... hitting the mattress that was burning," said Chris, the landlord.
Some of their property was left completely scorched, including their mattress.
Both tenants were taken to Broward Health Medical Center after inhaling heavy smoke.
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)