Family needs help with puppy's medical bill
On the Web
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida couple burned out of their apartment is asking for the public's help to assist with their injured dog's medical bills.
On Monday, the Coral Springs Fire Department received a call about an apartment fire. When they arrived at Napoli Gardens Apartments, located at 900 Coral Club Drive, they entered David Gordon's apartment.
Firefighters were able to rescue Gordon's dog Reggie, who they found underneath the bed. They immediately gave Reggie oxygen and rushed him to Coral Springs Animal Clinic. "We are praying that he pulls through and gets well again," said Gordon.
As a result of the fire, Gordon's dog has been left partially blind, still has fluid in his lungs and might have some brain damage. "We just need Reggie to be able to walk and go outside and eat and drink and cuddle with his owners and be a great pet," said a doctor.
Gordon said the hospital bills are about $5,000, and the dog is expected to be there for at least another week. "You don't realize how much you love something or someone or an animal until you think you're not gonna have it anymore," he said.
If you would like to help the Gordon family with Reggie's medical bills, click here: http://www.coralspringsanimalhosp.com/
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)