Missing teen in FBI-involved search found
NORTH MIAMI, Fla. (WSVN) -- A 13-year-old teen who had been missing since Saturday was reunited with his family, marking the end of a search that unfolded over three days and eventually involved FBI officials.
A Miami-Dade police officer located Carlos Armstrong, in good health and unharmed, near the Miami International Airport. The teen, who attends North Miami Middle School, told police detectives he ran away because he was being bullied by other students.
Carlos had been last seen by relatives around 6 p.m. on Saturday at his North Miami home on Northeast Ninth Avenue and 123rd Street. The missing teen's mother, Rebeca Castillo, presumed her son walked away from home shortly thereafter.
A Good Samaritan snapped a picture of a boy matching Carlos' description Sunday in the area of Allapattah. Castillo confirmed it was her son, a student at North Miami Middle School.
"I'll have no rest looking for my son, and I won't stop looking until my baby comes back home," Castillo said earlier on Tuesday, before Carlos was found. "If I don't help find him, he's never going to come back to me," she continued. Castillo had received several prank calls since her son disappeared.
According to Castillo, Carlos suffers from an emotional behavioral disorder. It is unclear why the FBI became involved in this case.
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)