Fire sparks in laundry room of retirement home
HALLANDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida retirement home was briefly evacuated after a small fire broke out in the building.
The fire sparked Monday morning at the Seaside Retirement Resort on Ocean Drive and South 20th Street. Crews quickly evacuated the building while crews put out the flames. Investigators said a dryer in the laundry room experienced some sort of malfunction, igniting the fire.
It took Hallandale Beach Fire Rescue 10 minutes to extinguish the fire and residents were allowed back into the building.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)