Man bitten by venomous snake
MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida man is recovering after being rushed to the hospital following a snake bite.
The attack happened at around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Investigators said the man, who is in his early 20s, was bitten in the hand by a water moccasin.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue's (MDFR) Anti-Venom unit was dispatched to Memorial Hospital Miramar where they treated the victim.
Doctors quickly administered antivenin to prevent the deadly toxins from spreading.
His condition has not been released.
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)