Miami-Dade Transit enhances service for Miami Heat Parade
Metrorail and Metromover will increase frequency Monday, June 24th while several Metrobus routes will be detoured due to road closures.
(MIAMI, June 21, 2013) - Large crowds are expected to attend the Miami HEAT victory parade on Monday, June 24, 2013. To accommodate fans, Miami-Dade Transit will provide rush hour service (approximately every 5 minutes) to all Metrorail stations south of Earlington Heights. Passengers can exit at the following Metrorail stations to reach the parade: Government Center, Brickell and Overtown Transit Village (which is located closest to the arena).
Metromover, which is free for all passengers, will be operating with additional cars to accommodate the large crowds.
· Trains will run approximately every 5 minutes.
· Patrons are encouraged to use the web-based 'Train Tracker' service (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/traintracker.asp) to see when the next trains will be approaching their station.
· Train arrival information is also available at those Metrorail platforms equipped with LCD displays.
· Metromover will be operating with additional cars.
Paying Metrorail fare:
· At all Metrorail stations, except MIA, most fare gates will be 'express pay' lanes, where MDT attendants will be collecting the $2 in cash for a one-way fare.
· Parade-bound patrons are asked to bring the exact change in cash as no change will be provided.
· These 'express pay' lanes will be available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Regular transit customers will still be able to use their EASY Cards and EASY Tickets. Credit cards will be accepted at TVM machines located at all Metrorail stations.
· Free parking is available at MDT's Park and Ride Lots (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metrobus-park-ride.asp)
· Parking is also available at various Metrorail stations (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metrorail-parking.asp)
· The cost for parking at a Metrorail station is $4 for the entire day.
· Patrons can pay for parking at the "express pay" lanes along with their Metrorail fare. They will be provided with a receipt to show they have paid for their parking.
· MDT advises parade-goers to park at the following Metrorail stations:
o South Miami (5949 Sunset Drive)
o Okeechobee (2005 West Okeechobee Road)
o Douglas Road (111 Ruiz Avenue) - under the guideway
Patrons can exit at the following Metromover stations to reach the various parade locations:
· Eighth Street
· Fifth Street
· Bayfront Park
To reach the American Airlines Arena:
· Freedom Tower
· Park West
Due to road closures in the downtown Miami and Brickell areas, several Metrobus routes will be detoured, including routes 3, 6, 8, 11, 24, 48, 77, 207, 208, C and S.
For more information on the enhanced Metrorail and Metromover service, or on the Metrobus routes being detoured, patrons can call 305-891-3131, weekdays, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. TTY users can call 305-499-8971.
Transit patrons are also encouraged to visit www.miamidade.gov/transit
It is the policy of Miami Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility is accessible. For sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices or materials in accessible format, please call at least five days in advance.
# # #