Man hospitalized after electrocution
MIAMI (WSVN) -- A man was hospitalized after he was electrocuted, Wednesday.
Fire rescue officials said the man was picking avocados from a tree along Northwest 15th Street and 36th Avenue.
Investigators said the extension rod he was using touched a power line and he was knocked unconscious. A neighbor witnessed the incident and immediately called 911. The witness assisted the victim while he was still in the tree until paramedics arrived.
The victim regained consciousness and was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital. Officials said he sustained serious injuries but is expected to be OK.
(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)