5 dead in Ohio garage; carbon monoxide suspected
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- The bodies of three children and two adults were found inside a garage Monday, and authorities said they believe the deaths -- apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning -- weren't accidental.
Toledo police spokesman Joe Heffernan said firefighters broke into the garage of the Toledo home and discovered the bodies Monday afternoon. Heffernan said officers were called to check on those inside the house after getting a call from a concerned family member.
Investigators think all five might have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Police released no further details.
The victims are a 56-year-old woman, her grandchildren, ages 10, 7 and 5, and a 32-year-old man, who is an uncle of one of the children, Lucas County coroner, Dr. James Patrick, told The (Toledo) Blade.
A flatbed car-hauler was seen backing in toward the garage hours after the bodies were found.
The residential neighborhood is close to the Ohio-Michigan state line.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)