Tracking the Tropics
What's open and what's closed during Isaac's effects
* All Monroe County public schools will be closed Monday. Monroe County public schools are to reopen to students Wednesday, with some staff and faculty members reporting to work on Tuesday.
* All Miami-Dade County public schools will be closed Monday and will resume regular activity on Tuesday.
* All Broward County Schools will be closed on Monday and will resume regular activity on Tuesday.
* All Archdiocesan Schools in Miami-Dade and Broward will open Tuesday. The only exceptions:
- The Basilica School of St. Mary Star of the Sea in Key West which will re-open Wednesday.
- St. Rose of Lima School in Miami Shores will be closed on Tuesday due to power issues.
- St. Theresa of Little Flower in Coral Gables will be closed on Tuesday due to power issues.
In case any more closings are announced they will be posted on the Archdiocese of Miami website www.miamiarch.org and added to this press release.
*University of Miami Coral Gables and RSMAS Campuses are closed Monday.
*Miami-Dade College will be closed Monday and will reopen Tuesday at 6 a.m.
*Broward College will be closed on Monday and will reopen on Tuesday.
*Florida International University will be closed Monday and will resume regular activity on Tuesday.
*Florida Atlantic University classes are canceled Monday.
*Keiser University's Miami and Pembroke Pines campuses will be closed for students, staff and faculty Monday.
*St. Thomas University is closed Monday and will open Tuesday per its regular schedule.
*Florida Memorial University will be closed on Monday.
*Pine Crest School Fort Lauderdale campus will be closed on Monday.
*Johnson & Wales University's North Miami Campus offices will be closed on Monday.
*Emerald Hills School Hollywood will be closed on Monday.
*Luna Academy in will be closed Monday.
*Atlantic Montessori in Pembroke Pines will be closed Monday.
*Biltmore School will be closed on Monday.
* ASPIRA Raul Arnaldo Martinez Charter School, ASPIRA Eugenio Maria de Hostos Youth Leadership Charter School, and ASPIRA South Youth Leadership Charter School will be closed on Monday.
* Kradle To Kindergarten Preschool in Lauderdale Lakes will be closed on Monday.
* La Scuola Preschool and Elementary will be closed on Monday.
* Knox Theological Seminary in Fort Lauderdale is closed for daytime classes on Monday. Evening Classes will be as scheduled.
* All Nova Southeastern University locations will be closed to students, faculty and staff on Monday.
* All Barry University sites remain under normal operating conditions throughout Saturday, but all main campus events and activities scheduled for Sunday are canceled. For safety precautions, Barry resident students that have not checked in are encouraged to stay home. Check-in will resume on Tuesday morning.
* All South Florida locations Of DeVry University will be closed for students and staff on Monday.
* Florida Keys Community College will re-open Tuesday. All classes and operations will resume as normal at all college locations. The Lagoon Landing residence hall re-opened today, Monday, August 27, and is ready for resident students to return.
* Montessori Academy of Broward will close both its schools in Pembroke Pines Monday.
* All Small Fry Schools in Dade and Broward County will be closed on Monday.
* Montessori Ivy League Pembroke Pines will be closed this coming Monday.
* All locations of Sheyes of Miami Daycares and Elementary School will be closed on Monday.
* American Medical Academy will be closed on Monday.
* The Blake School of Plantation will be closed on Monday.
* Diamond Minds Transformational Leadership Academy will be closed Monday.
* Mary Immaculate, Star of the Sea School in Key West will be closed Monday.
* Ransom Everglades School in Miami will be closed on Monday.
* Edison Private School will be closed Monday.
* The Joy of Learning in Doral is closed Monday.
* Allison Academy will be closed Monday.
* Bridgepoint Academy Charter School and Bridgepoint Preparatory Private School will be closed Monday.
* AcadeMir Charter School West, AcadeMir Charter School Middle, and AcadeMir Preschools will be closed on Monday.
* Smart Starts Day School will be closed on Monday.
* Chesterbrook Academy Preschool locations in Broward County and the Paladin Academy school located in Pembroke Pines will be closed on Monday.
* City of Pembroke Pines Charter schools will be closed on Monday.
* Hollywood Christian School will be closed on Monday.
* Sunny Isles Beach's After School Program and After School Fun Zone will not be in service on Monday.
* Belen Jesuit Preparatory School will be closed on Monday and is expected to reopen on Tuesday.
* Scheck Hillel Community School in North Miami Beach will be closed Monday.
* The Roig Academy will be closed on Monday.
* Sharon School of Excellence in Pembroke Pines will be closed Monday.
* Zion Lutheran Church and School in Deerfield Beach will be closed on Monday.
* Ocean Reef Academy in Bay Harbor Isles will be closed on Monday.
* Parkway Christian School will be closed Monday.
* The religious school at Temple Solel in Hollywood will be closed Sunday. The preschool will be closed on Monday.
* Shelton Academy in Doral will be closed on Monday.
* Sunflowers Academy & Preschools will be closed on Monday.
* American Heritage and American Academy in Plantation will be closed Monday.
* The Arlington Academy of Miami will be closed on Monday.
* Dade Christian School will be closed for classes and all activities on Monday.
* Southeastern College's Miami Lakes campus will be closed for students, staff and faculty Monday.
* Faith Fellowship School located in Homestead will be closed on Monday.
* New Beginnings Academy in Fort Lauderdale will be closed on Monday.
* Sunny Start Preschool located in West Miami-Dade will be closed on Monday.
* Sheyes' of Miami's Daycare and Elementary school will be closed on Monday.
* All classes and activities for Fort Lauderdale Children's Theatre are cancelled Sunday and Monday at the Galleria and all Satellite locations.
* The Master's Academy in Southwest Ranches will be closed on Monday.
* The Learning Experience School in Miami will be closed on Monday.
* Brito Miami Private School will be closed Monday.
* Phyl's Academy Prep. School in Lauderdale Lakes will be closed on Monday.
* Score at the Top Learning Centers and Schools will be closed on Monday.
* Cardinal Gibbons High School will be closed on Monday.
* Hebrew Academy Community School will be closed on Monday.
* Florida National University will be closed on Monday.
* Tinity International University Florida campuses and offices will be closed on Monday.
* All Dade Medical College campuses (except Jacksonville) as well as the corporate office will be closed on Monday.
* The Academy - Miami Campus will be closed on Monday. Classes will resume on Tuesday.
*Miami Beach Community youth centers open on Monday to accommodate pre-registered children impacted by the closure of schools.
· North Shore Park at 8:00 a.m.
· Scott Rakow Youth Center at 8:30 a.m.
· Flamingo Park - Police Athletic League (PAL) at 8:30 a.m.
* Monroe County offices and County Courts will be closed on Monday. Municipal and county waste collection is to resume Tuesday.
* Miami-Dade County offices, parks, libraries and other facilities and services are closed on Monday. Miami-Dade waste collection and disposal services will resume Monday. All Miami-Dade Courts and Clerk of Courts' offices will be closed on Monday and will reopen on Tuesday. Non-essential Miami-Dade County employees are asked not to report to work Monday. Miami-Dade County offices will be closed on Monday and will re-open on Tuesday.
* Islamorada Administrative Offices will be closed Monday.
* Palm Beach County: Due to current and projected rain and flooding conditions from Tropical Storm Isaac, all Palm Beach County operations including county parks, libraries, courts (except first appearance) and Head Start will be suspended Tuesday. Palm Tran and Palm Tran Connection will run regular service schedules.
* All Hollywood City offices and facilities will be open on Monday. All garbage collection in the City of Hollywood will take place per normal collection schedules.
* Broward County Courthouses will be closed on Monday.
* City of Miami will begin trash collection Monday morning. Do not put your trash out until Monday morning.
* There is no residential trash pickup in Key West Monday morning, so residents must keep their bins off the streets. Regular pickups will resume Tuesday.
* All office locations for the Broward County Supervisor of Elections will be closed Monday.
* All South Florida Social Security Offices will be closed on Monday.
* United States District Court in Key West, Miami and Fort Lauderdale will be closed on Monday.
* City of Miramar governmental offices will resume normal working hours on Monday.
* The City of North Bay Village Administrative Offices will be closed Monday.
* City of Pembroke Pines has shut down its Emergency Operation Center (EOC). Residents are reminded that in the event of an emergency they should call 911.
* The office of the State Attorney will be open Tuesday. Anyone who had an appointment scheduled for that day, should contact the appropriate Assistant State Attorney/staff person at 305-547-0100 to reschedule.
* All Monroe, Miami-Dade and Broward County Department of Children and Families offices will be closed Monday.
* The Broward County Property Appraiser Office will be closed on Monday.
* Broward County government agencies, including parks and libraries, will be open on Monday.
* Trash collection resumes on Monday for Miami Beach. Do not place waste collection bins out before Monday morning.
* The City of Plantation offices and services will be closed on Monday.
* City of Sunrise administrative offices will be open on Monday. City of Sunrise trash and recycling collection will resume on Monday.
* Fort Lauderdale City Hall will be open on Monday.
* The City of Fort Lauderdale is suspending bulk trash pick up on Monday. Bulk trash pick up will take place on Wednesday for residents whose bulk trash is normally picked up on Monday.
* North Miami essential personnel are to report to work on Monday by 8 a.m.
* City of Doral essential personnel need to report to work Monday at their regular time. Non-essential personnel must report to work at 10 a.m. Monday.
* Doral Government Center will open at 10 a.m. Monday.
* All City of Pembroke Pines offices and services will be open for business and maintaining normal hours of operation on Monday.
* All DCF employees located in Broward County, offices will be closed on Monday.
* There will be regular mail delivery in South Florida on Monday, except maybe the Florida Keys, pending weather conditions. In the Florida Keys, Post Offices will be open at 10 a.m., a little later than usual, for retail transactions at the counter.
* If you have questions, call the Tropic Watch Hotline. For Miami-Dade County call 305-477-7751. For Broward County call 954-776-7751.
* USPS Employee Emergency Hotline: 1-888-363-7462. This hotline will provide postal employees with information on work schedules and Post Office facility status.
* Miami-Dade Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover will resume services on Monday.
* Tri-Rail will not be providing service Sunday and Monday.
* Broward Transit bus service and Paratransit services will resume on Monday.
* Key West City bus service and service to the Lower Keys has been suspended and will resume Tuesday morning.
* The Hollywood Trolley will resume its normal operating schedule on Wednesday.
* The Free Community Shuttle Service for Sunny Isles Beach has been suspended until further notice.
* The Sun Trolley will resume service on Monday.
* Doral Trolley service will resume its regular schedule Monday morning.
Maimi Beach Municipal Parking Garages will remain available for vehicle storage at no charge for Miami Beach residents due to the potential of localized flooding until 11AM Monday:
o 7 Street/Collins Avenue Garage
o 12 Street/Drexel Avenue Garage
o 13 Street/Collins Avenue Garage
o 16 Street/Washington Avenue Anchor Garage
o 17 Street/Convention Center Drive Garage
o Pennsylvania Avenue/17 Street Garage
o 18 Street/Meridian Avenue City Hall Garage
* Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Miami International Airport are open.
* Ticketed passengers are urged to contact their carriers for specific flight information. Airlines are allowing customers to change their travel plans without penalties.
* Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport is open.
* Key West airport will resume operations on Monday with a regular flight schedule on Tuesday.
* PortMiami had reopened. Cruise passengers are encouraged to contact their respective cruise line for information regarding their itinerary.
* Port Everglades is currently closed. After determination of safety, landside operations are expected to resume on Monday morning.
* Port of Key West remains closed.
* Carnival Cruise has changed the ports of call for the following ships:
-The Carnival Valor is currently sailing on an eight-day Caribbean cruise and will remain at sea until PortMiami reopens.
-The Carnival Valor's scheduled six-day cruise will now operate as a five-day cruise that will depart Monday at 8 p.m. The ship will visit Grand Cayman and Montego Bay, but the scheduled call in Key West has been cancelled. Guests who opt to sail on this voyage will receive a one-day pro-rated refund of their cruise fare and a $50 per person shipboard credit. Guests also have the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund or a future cruise credit equal to the amount of their cruise fare.
-The Carnival Imagination is currently sailing on a three-day cruise that will remain at sea until PortMiami reopens. Embarkation for the Carnival Imagination's four-day cruise on Monday is expected to begin at 4 p.m. The ship is scheduled to depart at 7:30 p.m.
* Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas will now begin sailing on Tuesday, August 28.
* The Norwegian Sky is now expected to arrive between noon and 4 p.m. on Monday at PortMiami. The ship's arrival will depend on when the port reopens. Embarkation for guests on the ship's four-day Bahamas cruise will now take place at 5 p.m. Monday. The Norwegian Sky is expected to depart the port at 10 p.m. and will follow its existing itinerary.
Hospitals and clinics:
* Miami Children's Urgent Care Centers will be closed on Sunday.
* VA Clinics in Key West, Key Largo, Homestead and Miami will be closed on Monday. Patients are being called and rescheduled.
* All Miami-Dade County Health Department Offices and Clinics will be closed Monday.
* Baptist Hospital, Doctors Hospital, Homestead Hospital, South Miami Hospital, and West Kendall Baptist Hospital are open and operating on normal schedules.
* Jackson Health System hospitals are now running normal operations.
* Kendall Regional Medical Center will be open and operating as usual.
* Aventura Hospital is open and operating as usual.
* Mariners Hospital in Tavernier will remain open for inpatient care and to handle emergencies. Elective surgeries, diagnostic testing and outpatient physical therapy for Monday has been canceled.
* Baptist Health Urgent Care Centers in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties will be closed Sunday. Urgent care centers are scheduled to reopen at 11 a.m. on Monday.
* Elective Surgeries/Outpatient Procedures at Baptist Health hospitals: changes are being made to Monday's schedules and affected patients will be contacted if their procedure time changes. Pregnant women: At this time, special accommodations for pregnant women are not necessary. For anyone in labor, follow your family's plan and go to the hospital.
* Broward Community & Family Health Center's, Inc., locations in Pompano Beach, Hollywood and West Park will be closed on Monday.
* All clinical locations of the University of Miami Health System — including University of Miami Hospital, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, UMHC-Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and all satellite clinics — will be open for appointments all day Monday, including Monday morning. This updates earlier information. Non-clinical research and administrative staff will be off on Monday.
Public spaces and parks:
* Miami Beaches will re-open on Monday. Lifeguards on duty. Heed warnings.
*All Davie parks will remain closed on Monday due to weather conditions.
* Miami-Dade County Animal Services is closing its operations effective now through Monday.
* The City of Sunrise Parks and Leisure Services facilities will resume normal operating hours on Monday.
* Smaller Miami-Dade community parks, after-school and Optimist programs will be closed Monday. Larger parks and the Marinas will open Monday after safety inspections have been conducted.
* Zoo Miami, the Charles Deering Estate at Cutler and the Redland Fruit and Spice Park will be closed on Monday.
* Vizcaya Museum and Gardens will close at 4 p.m. on Saturday, and all day on Sunday.
* HistoryMiami and Miami Art Museum will be closing at 2:30 p.m. Saturday and will remain closed on Sunday.
* Doral parks will reopen Monday at 2 p.m.
* All City of Fort Lauderdale Parks and Recreation programs and events have been cancelled for Sunday and Monday. Normal activities will resume on Tuesday.
* Trail Glades Range will close Saturday at 3 p.m. and will be closed on Sunday.
* Camp Owaissa Bauer is closed Saturday and Sunday.
* Larry and Penny Thompson Park (campground) will remain open.
* Miami-Dade County Libraries are closed, and will also be closed on Sunday.
* Big Cypress National Preserve will close at noon Saturday. The Preserve is expected to reopen and resume routine operations once the storm has passed and conditions are safe.
* Everglades National Park is closed until the storm passes.
* The Village of Islamorada closes Founders Park at 6 p.m. Saturday, including the pool, boat ramp and Plantation Yacht Harbor Marina. The park will remain closed through Sunday, and possibly longer depending on weather.
* The Monroe County Sheriff's Office Animal Farm will be closed on Sunday. The farm will reopen on the second Sunday in September.
* The Key West Cemetery will close at 4 p.m. Saturday. It will remain closed until Tuesday.
* Jungle Island will remain closed on Monday. It will re-open on Tuesday.
* Miami-Dade County golf courses will be closed Sunday.
* Big Cypress National Preserve is temporarily closed.
* Miami Seaquarium will be closed Sunday.
* Internation Fishing Pier will close at Midnight Sunday. The public beach is also closed to swimmers.
* Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden will be closed Sunday.
* City of Pompano Beach's Music Under the Stars scheduled for Friday, Aug. 24th has been rescheduled Friday, Sept. 7th.
* All Hollywood City parks and community centers will be closed on Sunday. All City-sponsored special events are cancelled for Sunday. The City owned golf courses, Orangebrook, Eco Grande and Hollywood Beach will be closed on Sunday.
* The Arsht Center Box Office will be open Saturday until 6 p.m. Performances of The Donkey Show will take place Saturday night at 7:30. The box office will be closed Sunday, and Sunday's Donkey Show performance is cancelled.
* The Food of Life Outreach Pantry in Florida City will be closed on Monday.
* Dade County Federal Credit Union branches will be closed for business on Monday.
* Miami Science Museum will be open on Monday.
* The Museum of Discovery and Science and AutoNation IMAX 3D in Fort Lauderdale will be closed on Sunday. The museum will re-open to the public at noon on Monday.
* YMCA of Greater Miami closings: All YMCA family and program centers will be closed on Sunday. YMCA preschool and before and after school programs will be closed on Monday. Family centers and association office anticipate opening at 1 p.m., Monday if the storm has passed.