Marlins, Baker complete $3.7 million, 2-year deal - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

Marlins, Baker complete $3.7 million, 2-year deal

Posted: Updated:

MIAMI (AP) - Jeff Baker and the Miami Marlins have completed their $3.7 million, two-year contract.

The sides reached an agreement earlier this week, and the team announced the move Friday on Twitter.

Baker, a utility man who can play the infield and outfield, batted .279 with 11 home runs and 21 RBIs in 74 games for Texas last season. The Marlins become the sixth team for the nine-year veteran, who is a .267 career hitter.

Baker has played first base, second and third as well and left and right field.

Marlins President of Baseball Operations Mike Hill says the team is very excited to add such an experienced player. He says the Marlins like the options Baker's versatility will provide for manager Mike Redmond.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • BaseballMore>>

  • Rays get just 1 hit off Price, beat Tigers 1-0

    Rays get just 1 hit off Price, beat Tigers 1-0

    Thursday, August 21 2014 5:44 PM EDT2014-08-21 21:44:24 GMT
    David Price allowed only a first-inning RBI triple to Brandon Guyer in his first start against his former team, and Alex Cobb and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Detroit Tigers 1-0 Thursday to avoid a three-game sweep.
    The Tampa Bay Rays overcame a masterful performance by David Price.
  • MLB online chief optimistic on relaxing blackouts

    MLB online chief optimistic on relaxing blackouts

    Thursday, August 21 2014 4:55 PM EDT2014-08-21 20:55:17 GMT
    The head of baseball's online business says an easing of blackout restrictions on games online could come as early as next season.
    An easing of blackout restrictions on Major League Baseball games online could come as early as next season, according to the head of baseball's online business.
  • Judge drops rape charge against ex-Tigers pitcher

    Judge drops rape charge against ex-Tigers pitcher

    Thursday, August 21 2014 4:25 PM EDT2014-08-21 20:25:13 GMT
    A judge has dismissed rape charges against former Detroit Tigers pitcher Evan Reed, saying a woman's testimony wasn't credible and prosecutors failed to show that force or coercion took place.
    A judge on Thursday dismissed rape charges against former Detroit Tigers pitcher Evan Reed, saying the testimony of the woman who accused him wasn't credible and prosecutors failed to show that force or coercion took...
Powered by WorldNow

WSVN-TV
Sunbeam Television Corp
1401 79th Street Causeway
Miami, FL 33141

Switchboard: (305) 751-6692
Newsroom: (305) 795-2777

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSVN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.