Destination Saturdays at Haven Lounge - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

Destination Saturdays at Haven Lounge

You know the saying, it's not the destination, it's the journey. Thanks to "Destination Saturdays" at Haven on South Beach, you can take a trip to far out places without ever leaving SoFlo.

This is destination dining at Haven Lounge on SoBe. Every Saturday this gastro lounge lifts off.

Todd Erickson: "We ask you that all electronic devices should be left on and turned up to the maximum capacity. We are very excited about our Destination Saturdays series, which every Saturday. We turn the inside of Haven into a fuselage of an airplane."

This week's destination, Peru.

Todd Erickson: "Because we've partnered with Jet Blue to launch their non stop service to Lima, Peru."

The food is themed for the destination and the trip home too.

Todd Erickson: "This Saturday, I'll be doing a peruvian dish. And I'm also doing a nod to South Florida's desserts, we're doing key lime and guavas. So this is one of our fun Japanese-Peruvian fusion dishes. It's called our Machi Peru."

It's a sushi roll with avocado.

Todd Erickson: "Some red bell pepper brunwahs. Beautiful crispy rock shrimp. And we'll do some pickled onions."

Rolled and served on a leaf topped with ceviche. A bit SoFlo and Peru.

Todd Erickson: "Similar climates we both enjoy the fish and acids together."

Check out this offering fit for an Incan God.

Todd Erickson: "This is a Key Lime Panna Cotta that runs down the length of the plate with guava cheese pastalito ice cream. Buttered graham toffee chunks and crushed meringue with a little bit of guava jelly in there to round it out."

There are other ways to fly every airport's got a bar and this one's open till 3 a.m.

Todd Erickson: "This is Destination Saturdays at Haven lounge - come fly with us! Kisses."

FOR MORE INFO:

www.havenlounge.com

Hearing set for Hollywood sex abuse lawyer change

Wednesday, July 30 2014 8:49 PM EDT2014-07-31 00:49:49 GMT
    A court hearing in Honolulu has been scheduled for lawyers who want out of a case accusing 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer of sex abuse.

Cinema verite documentarian Robert Drew dies at 90

Wednesday, July 30 2014 8:40 PM EDT2014-07-31 00:40:40 GMT
    Documentary pioneer Robert Drew has died in Connecticut at age 90.
    By HILLEL ITALIE AP National Writer Filmmaker Robert Drew, a pioneer of the modern documentary who in "Primary" and other movies mastered the intimate, spontaneous style known as cinema verite and...

Wednesday, July 30 2014 7:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 23:16:54 GMT

The Transparent Trend

Wednesday, July 30 2014 5:12 PM EDT2014-07-30 21:12:20 GMT
    When I got the assignment this week to do a story on VH1's new "Naked Dating" show for Deco Drive, I was beyond intrigued and not because I needed a date, either.

Hash House Harriers

Wednesday, July 30 2014 9:15 PM EDT2014-07-31 01:15:05 GMT
    You know the drill, party too hard on the weekend and then work it off all week in the gym. A South Florida running club let's you work out your legs and your liver. Deco got a taste of the wild weird world of the Hash House Harriers.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Dave Bautista

Wednesday, July 30 2014 9:14 PM EDT2014-07-31 01:14:06 GMT
    The movie doesn't open til Friday, but right now a bunch of lucky Deco viewers are at a sneak preview for "Guardians of the Galaxy." For those of you who couldn't score passes, we've got the next best thing: One of the jacked up stars giving an exclusive interview to Deco.