SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker

Sarah Jessica Parker has done it all: successful film career, hit cable TV series. She's a wife, a mom, and if all that weren't enough, now she's adding another title to the list: shoe designer. Tonight, Deco's trying on SJP for size.

WSVN -- Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't just have the heart of an actress. She has the sole of a designer. A shoe designer.

Sarah's just launched the SJP collection at Nordstroms across the country.

Sarah Jessica Parker: "I have always felt there was this group of 10 million women that I felt honor bound to in some way."

She's talking about her "Sex and the City" fans, who she hopes will buy what she's selling.

Sarah Jessica Parker: "I wouldn't be having this opportunity if it weren't for the dedication and diligence to the show that I was on and the character that I played, that loved shoes."

Sarah's not the only shoe guru. As a collector myself, I headed to Nordstrom at the Aventura Mall to size things up.

Shireen Sandoval: (holding up shoe) "See how pretty that is."

I mean, let's foot it, you don't really know a woman until you've walk in her shoes.

Shireen Sandoval: "I love these. They are my favorite."

Along with cute names, like the Carrie (as in Bradshaw), the shoes are comfy, classic and have cool signature ribbons like the ones she used to wear in her hair when she was young.

Shireen Sandoval: "These are very dainty."

I thought the Allison Bootie was the perfect pair of pretty perch-ups to add to my collection.

Shireen Sandoval: "I guess my credit card is going to bleed again today."

Sarah Jessica Parker will be at the Aventura Mall, in the flesh, at Nordstrom this Saturday, March 8 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. She's presenting her SJP collection, greeting fans and signing shoes. By the way, the shoes start at $195 dollars and they're made in Italy.

Cinema verite documentarian Robert Drew dies at 90

Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:47 PM EDT2014-07-31 02:47:38 GMT
    Documentary pioneer Robert Drew has died in Connecticut at age 90.
    By HILLEL ITALIE AP National Writer Filmmaker Robert Drew, a pioneer of the modern documentary who in "Primary" and other movies mastered the intimate, spontaneous style known as cinema verite and...

Hearing set for Hollywood sex abuse lawyer change

Wednesday, July 30 2014 8:49 PM EDT2014-07-31 00:49:49 GMT
    A court hearing in Honolulu has been scheduled for lawyers who want out of a case accusing 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer of sex abuse.

Wednesday, July 30 2014 7:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 23:16:54 GMT

The Transparent Trend

Wednesday, July 30 2014 5:12 PM EDT2014-07-30 21:12:20 GMT
    When I got the assignment this week to do a story on VH1's new "Naked Dating" show for Deco Drive, I was beyond intrigued and not because I needed a date, either.

Hash House Harriers

Wednesday, July 30 2014 9:15 PM EDT2014-07-31 01:15:05 GMT
    You know the drill, party too hard on the weekend and then work it off all week in the gym. A South Florida running club let's you work out your legs and your liver. Deco got a taste of the wild weird world of the Hash House Harriers.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Dave Bautista

Wednesday, July 30 2014 9:14 PM EDT2014-07-31 01:14:06 GMT
    The movie doesn't open til Friday, but right now a bunch of lucky Deco viewers are at a sneak preview for "Guardians of the Galaxy." For those of you who couldn't score passes, we've got the next best thing: One of the jacked up stars giving an exclusive interview to Deco.