Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House. - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and if you're really hungry, nothing hits the spot like a big stack of flapjacks, fresh maple syrup. Deco got up early and sat down for some monster pancakes at the Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House.

If you're looking for a hearty breakfast, the Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House is a good place to start.

Aaron Johnson: "It's local. It's fresh. Everything is made to order."

The building is historic, the breakfast old school.

Aaron Johnson: "Organic eggs, organic milk, organic spinach."

But if you've got a busy day planned, chopping lumber or wrangling livestock, you may want to order the pancake. Yes, one should be enough.

Aaron Johnson: "Pancake is our signature dish. It's something you won't find anywhere else created right here in that oven."

These guys are putting the cake in pancake. It's huge.

Aaron Johnson: "One cake is 9 inches in a cast iron pan and we bake it in a 625 degree oven. It's super moist luxurious and velvety."

And there's plenty of room for fresh fruit.

Aaron Johnson: "You can have it plain, strawberry, blue, pineapple pecan, and some people mix those up. Something about a pancake you want it to be light and fluffy, and even though it's big, very light and fluffy."

This is one pancake you don't wanna try at home.

Aaron Johnson: "I don't know how they defied physics to cook it all the way through. They did it.. It's awesome, yeah."

At OB House, you can have your pancake and eat it too.

Aaron Johnson: "It's an awesome cake totally unique to OB House."

Wednesday, July 30 2014 7:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 23:16:54 GMT

'Flower Drum Song' lead James Shigeta dies at 85

Wednesday, July 30 2014 7:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 23:16:43 GMT
    James Shigeta, who played the lead in the 1961 movie musical "Flower Drum Song" and had a small role in the first "Die Hard," has died. He was 85.

George W. Bush writes book about father

Wednesday, July 30 2014 6:37 PM EDT2014-07-30 22:37:30 GMT
    His paintings made news worldwide, but it turns out that former President George W. Bush has been working on another, highly personal project since leaving the White House: He has quietly completed a biography of his...

The Transparent Trend

Wednesday, July 30 2014 5:12 PM EDT2014-07-30 21:12:20 GMT
    When I got the assignment this week to do a story on VH1's new "Naked Dating" show for Deco Drive, I was beyond intrigued and not because I needed a date, either.

Neptunes Boutique

Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:59 PM EDT2014-07-30 02:59:14 GMT
    One of the biggest trends in swimwear this year is mini me fashions. The style even made a big splash at Miami Beach Swim Week. Tonight, Deco's Shireen Sandoval is going extra small to show off beautiful beachwear.

Pizza Heaven

Tuesday, July 29 2014 1:16 AM EDT2014-07-29 05:16:27 GMT
    You can work up a great big hunger when you're an action hero, especially if you're playing a guy who's half man, half god. Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson gets really hungry in his latest movie, "Hercules." Our So-Flo homeboy had to stay pretty jacked for the role. That meant watching his diet, but when it was finally time to let loose, he knew just where to go.