The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is weaving its way into theaters in just a few weeks, but before it does, the cast is doing a cross-country Spidey tour to tell you why you should see the movie. Today, the stars of the flick, Andrew, Emma and Dane, were hanging out in Downtown Miami at the Mandarin Oriental. I caught up with them to talk all things arachnophobia.

Peter Parker and his dual personality are back on the big screen in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in 3D, and there's a lot going on.

This time around, Peter faces off against a whole lot of villains all tied to the power company Oscorp.

Earlier today, the cast of Spidey 2 made their way to Miami to weave a web of what's new in the franchise, like a new and improved Spidey suit.

Shireen Sandoval: "They made some concessions for you with the Spidey suit, true?"

Andrew Garfield: "'Concessions' is a strange word. I would just say they remembered that I was human and that I needed to go to the bathroom, and they created zippers that would enable that. Whereas the first suit, there wasn't any consideration."

Shireen: "Were they just like, 'Hold it for 12 hours?'"

Andrew Garfield: "No, it was crazy. It was crazy. I asked so often, 'Am I going to be able to use the bathroom?' and they were like, 'Yeah, yeah.'"

Dane DeHaan stars as Peter's friend, Harry Osbourne, and turns into his eventual nemesis, the Green Goblin.

Dane's dad by the way, is a big-time comic book geek.

Shireen: "What was his reaction when he found out that you had become part of the Spider-Man family?"

Dane DeHaan: "When I first told him, I think the first thing that he said was, 'I can't wait to tell the people in my comic book club.'"

Emma Stone returns as Peter's love interest, Gwen Stacy. Emma and Andrew date in real life, but will their on screen chemistry continue? A famous, old-school comic book kills Gwen off.

Shireen: "The night when Gwen Stacey died is a very popular old comic book. Are we going to see the same outcome in the movie?"

Emma Stone: "I can't say anything, but you have to see for yourself."

Hmm ... I think I'm on to something. With crazy good special effects, loads of bad guys, including Jamie Foxx, you can't go wrong with a blockbuster like this. Bug spray not included.

Inarritu's 'Birdman' opens Venice Film Festival

Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:18 AM EDT2014-08-27 10:18:58 GMT
    A film in which art and fame battle it out in the streets and skies of Manhattan has kicked off the 71st Venice Film Festival, where high-art aspirations mix with Hollywood hopes.

Godzilla stomps back in ultra HD, wires intact

Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:18 AM EDT2014-08-27 10:18:24 GMT
    At a humble Tokyo laboratory, Godzilla, including the 1954 black-and-white original, is stomping back with a digital makeover that delivers four times the image quality of high definition.

Women's World Cup turf war heats up

Wednesday, August 27 2014 3:48 AM EDT2014-08-27 07:48:14 GMT
    By ANNE M. PETERSON AP Sports Writer Even actor Tom Hanks has an opinion about whether the athletes at the 2015 Women's World Cup should play on artificial turf or grass.

Over-all-ing your wardrobe

Wednesday, August 20 2014 3:44 PM EDT2014-08-20 19:44:15 GMT
    The last time I had on a pair of overalls, I was miles from civilization with a whip in my hand, an hysterical co-worker by my side and five angry cowboys staring me down.

Baring It All (for my birthday)

Wednesday, August 13 2014 2:46 PM EDT2014-08-13 18:46:25 GMT
    I don't remember dying, but I did. Twice. It was a chilly Fall morning in October at a dentist's office in Santa Fe. My mom had escorted me to what was supposed to be a regular wisdom teeth extraction appointment.

Beautifully Banded

Wednesday, August 6 2014 3:22 PM EDT2014-08-06 19:22:02 GMT
    I could see the door to the jet bridge closing, despite the fact that I was just a few yards away from it.

The November Man

Tuesday, August 26 2014 8:31 PM EDT2014-08-27 00:31:11 GMT
    "The November Man" star Pierce Brosnan"The November Man" star Pierce Brosnan
    Brosnan. Pierce Brosnan. OK, so it doesn't have the same ring to it, but you know who we are talking about. The former Bond guy is back at it in his new movie "The November Man." He's grabbing guns and on the run killing bad guys.

Dolphins Food

Tuesday, August 26 2014 8:27 PM EDT2014-08-27 00:27:14 GMT
    Football fans usually try to intimidate the visiting crowd, but this year the Dolphins are going out of their way to make the visitors feel right at home. Deco's Liz Nagy is here with some food for thought.

The Hot Pot

Monday, August 25 2014 9:13 PM EDT2014-08-26 01:13:56 GMT
    Ingredients of the Asian-style fondue at The Hot Pot in Davie.Ingredients of the Asian-style fondue at The Hot Pot in Davie.
    It originated in Mongolia more than 1,000 years ago. Then it went to China and spread all over Asia. Now, it's taking the U.S. by storm. Lynn's talking about "hot pot," a yummy way to share food with your loved ones.