Everybody Drinks The Same Water - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

Everybody Drinks The Same Water

Muslims, Christians and Jews! Oh, my! In the bold new play premiering this weekend at the Miami Theater Center, the boundaries of tolerance are challenged as a murder mystery unfolds. Grab a glass, because everybody drinks the same water.

Tolerance and bigotry takes center stage at the Miami Theater Center with the world premiere of the daring new play, "Everybody Drinks The Same Water."

Stephanie Ansin: "It's definitely political. It's emotional. It's about looking inside yourself to see how you really are when circumstances are tense."

And it does get tense. The play is set In 1236 in the city of Cordoba, Spain, home to Muslims, Christians and Jews. And when the city's main water supply becomes poisoned, the blame game between the people begins.

The story is fiction, but the main characters are real and based on historical figures. After ending 500 years of Muslim rule, Cordoba's new Christian king is the first to be poisoned, but soon the entire city falls victim, and the medieval murder mystery begins.

Fernando Calzadilla: "Something happened in Cordoba at that time and we need to look at it. We need to go back and find out what we can learn."

The Christian prince, a Jewish midwife and a Muslim girl then look beyond their differences, and join forces to try and solve the mystery.

In the end, the theme of the play goes way beyond tolerance and acceptance, and the real killer is at last exposed.

Howard Elfman: "Visually they are going to be blown away. It's a great story here and it's a story for everybody."

Barbara Sloan: "The fact that we're going to be able to get a conversation going with young people is going to be wonderful."

Stephanie Ansin: "We all drink the same water. We all tell the same stories."

Wednesday, July 30 2014 7:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 23:16:54 GMT

'Flower Drum Song' lead James Shigeta dies at 85

Wednesday, July 30 2014 7:16 PM EDT2014-07-30 23:16:43 GMT
    James Shigeta, who played the lead in the 1961 movie musical "Flower Drum Song" and had a small role in the first "Die Hard," has died. He was 85.

George W. Bush writes book about father

Wednesday, July 30 2014 6:37 PM EDT2014-07-30 22:37:30 GMT
    His paintings made news worldwide, but it turns out that former President George W. Bush has been working on another, highly personal project since leaving the White House: He has quietly completed a biography of his...

The Transparent Trend

Wednesday, July 30 2014 5:12 PM EDT2014-07-30 21:12:20 GMT
    When I got the assignment this week to do a story on VH1's new "Naked Dating" show for Deco Drive, I was beyond intrigued and not because I needed a date, either.

Neptunes Boutique

Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:59 PM EDT2014-07-30 02:59:14 GMT
    One of the biggest trends in swimwear this year is mini me fashions. The style even made a big splash at Miami Beach Swim Week. Tonight, Deco's Shireen Sandoval is going extra small to show off beautiful beachwear.

Pizza Heaven

Tuesday, July 29 2014 1:16 AM EDT2014-07-29 05:16:27 GMT
    You can work up a great big hunger when you're an action hero, especially if you're playing a guy who's half man, half god. Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson gets really hungry in his latest movie, "Hercules." Our So-Flo homeboy had to stay pretty jacked for the role. That meant watching his diet, but when it was finally time to let loose, he knew just where to go.