Luol Deng signs 2-year deal with Heat - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

Luol Deng signs 2-year deal with Heat

Posted: Updated:

MIAMI (AP) - Luol Deng has signed a $20 million, two-year contract with the Miami Heat.

He agreed to the deal over the weekend. The contract signed Tuesday includes a player option for 2015-16.

Deng is entering his 11th NBA season, after spending almost his entire career with the Chicago Bulls. He appeared in 40 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers following a trade last season. In Miami, he figures to compete for the starting spot vacated last week when LeBron James left the Heat for a return to the Cavaliers.

Deng has averaged 16.0 points in his career. He was picked No. 7 overall from Duke in the 2004 draft.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • College BasketballMore>>

  • Penn State hires former Cal AD to lead program

    Penn State hires former Cal AD to lead program

    Saturday, July 26 2014 3:54 PM EDT2014-07-26 19:54:18 GMT
    Penn State has hired Sandy Barbour as athletic director, a month after she stepped down as AD at the University of California-Berkeley.
    Penn State hired Sandy Barbour as athletic director, a month after she stepped down as AD at the University of California-Berkeley.
  • Leslie headlines 2015 women's Hall of Fame class

    Leslie headlines 2015 women's Hall of Fame class

    Sunday, July 20 2014 5:50 PM EDT2014-07-20 21:50:00 GMT
    By DOUG FEINBERG AP Basketball Writer Four-time Olympic gold medalist Lisa Leslie headlines the 2015 women's basketball Hall of Fame induction class announced Saturday.
    By DOUG FEINBERG AP Basketball Writer Four-time Olympic gold medalist Lisa Leslie headlines the 2015 women's basketball Hall of Fame induction class announced Saturday.
  • No charges against 2 Providence College players

    No charges against 2 Providence College players

    Thursday, July 17 2014 5:34 PM EDT2014-07-17 21:34:23 GMT
    An investigation into an alleged sexual assault by two Providence College basketball players has concluded with no charges, the Rhode Island attorney general's office said Wednesday.
    An investigation into an alleged sexual assault by two Providence College basketball players has concluded with no charges, the Rhode Island attorney general's office said Wednesday.
Powered by WorldNow

WSVN-TV
Sunbeam Television Corp
1401 79th Street Causeway
Miami, FL 33141

Switchboard: (305) 751-6692
Newsroom: (305) 795-2777

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSVN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.